Additional tools still needed in P3Dv4.4?

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
AnkH

Additional tools still needed in P3Dv4.4?

Postby AnkH » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:28 pm

Hi there, is the AutogenConfigurationMerger still essential for the Tahiti Scenery? In P3Dv4.4, multiple autogen definitions can be used, so basically the ACM is obsolete. I never liked this tool, as I do not have any control about what it does inside my P3Dv4, that is why I never installed Tahiti into v4 anymore... And what is about animan.exe? Really needed? Personally, I do not understand why Tahiti remains the only scenery depending on those additional tools where you have no clue about what they modify inside your P3Dv4.4 Installation. If still both tools are needed, I will continue to not install this scenery... sadly... Thanks for any hint,

Regards
Chris

admin
Site Admin

Re: Additional tools still needed in P3Dv4.4?

Postby admin » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:43 pm

When the scenery gets updated for P3D v5 I can look at removing the ACM tool. Animan.exe will always be needed due to the way the scenery is designed. Nothing is modified in P3D v4 except for adding the scenery to the scenery library.

AnkH

Re: Additional tools still needed in P3Dv4.4?

Postby AnkH » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Nothing is modified, yet the ACM is still needed? Can you elaborate this a little bit further? If nothing is modified, why does the scenery still need the ACM?

BTW: what is the status regarding all those problems reported back in 2017? I now remember that the installer wrote the execution of animan.exe and ACM into exe.xml and dll.xml files but not removing them upon uninstallation, that animan.exe crashed several times after firing up the sim and that for example FTX Central had huge issues with ACM and flying in Tahiti basically meant that elsewhere you do not get any autogen anymore. Solved? I hope so, but it is not clearly visible in the Forums and as still no changelog comes with the simmarket update notification, I might have missed that...

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”