Installation Problem

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
Sabretooth78

Installation Problem

Postby Sabretooth78 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:00 pm

I recently decided to rebuild my sim PC and I'm in the process of reinstalling my add-ons. However, I'm again having problems with the Flightscene Tahiti and Society Islands installer. This is with a recently downloaded installer, from SimMarket, two days ago.

Unzipping the package and running Flightscene_Tahiti_and_Society_Islands_installer.exe appears to work fine, however, when that completes and presents the checked option for "Launch Tahiti and Society Islands configuration tool", and I click "Finish", nothing happens.

All that seems to have been installed is a Flightscene folder (about 162 MB) in my temp folder, a litter of vcredist log files on my root P3D drive, and a few registry entries. Nothing else appears to have been installed. Running ...\tools\tahiti_config_tool.exe will open a window titled "Dark Basic Pro Project" which quickly disappears.

The included vcredist packages all seem to have installed correctly. The 2015 one would fail because I had a 2017 one installed instead, but removing the 2017 and re-running the installer (the 2015 will then complete successfully) shows no different result. This is all in Prepar3D v4.5 hotfix under Windows 10. Everything worked fine in my previous install; maybe I should have kept the old installer!

Thanks and please advise!

Sabretooth78

Re: Installation Problem

Postby Sabretooth78 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:28 pm

Edit: One possible caveat I just realized (I'm away from my sim PC now so won't be able to check until later today) is that I do have my user temp folder on a drive other than "C". I had this issue before (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67&p=276#p276), was that bug ever addressed? I'll try later and report if the workaround I discovered back then resolves the issue. That said, I don't recall having this issue on my initial Windows 10 Prepar3d install last year (the previous report was for a Windows 7 FSX install a couple of years ago), and for both installs I had the same temp folder setup.

Sabretooth78

Re: Installation Problem

Postby Sabretooth78 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:45 pm

Temp folder not on the C drive was precisely the problem. Reset the system environment variable and it installed, presumably correctly.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”