Autogen Trees

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
Naunaub

Autogen Trees

Postby Naunaub » Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:53 pm

Good evening to all,

I recently installed the scenery and unfortunately run into a problem with vegetation autogen I can't solve in a satisfactory manner.

I already consulted the 2 posts I could find here related to the same issue. The first one where the solution was to start the scenery config tool berfore starting the sim didn't help. The second one where it was suggested to delete p3d.cfg actually did...well at least for diagnosis !

After more testing, I found the culript which is the "dynamic 3D autogen vegetation" box. With it ticked, All the trees are there, with it unthicked, not a single tree in the scenery except the 2 or 3 on airports that are not autogen. Problem is I use ORBX Trees HD which requires dynamic autogen to be off, plus I don't like this option in general without even considering Trees HD.

To anticipate some possible suggestions, I tested with all ORBX products disabled. I even uninstalled all of them as part of my investigation. My issue seems exlusively related to this "dynamic trees" option and not to a conflict.

Has anyone encontered the same issue ? Would there be a way to change the autogen config file in order to get it work (eg with default trees and without dynamic) ?

I could of course activate Dynamic if just flying around the islands and saying in Polynesia and desactivate it when leaving but this make long haul flight impossible and I don't want to change an option anytime I fly to one place and I rather have a universal settings config for the all sim.

Thanks in advance for your help ! Really hope there is a solution to get it working

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”