Not able to install correctly.

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
andy

Not able to install correctly.

Postby andy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:00 pm

I tried to install the scenery but when it gets to the part about Extracting files... it just hangs after a minute. The hard drive is active for a minute or two but then nothing. Eventually it goes to (Not Responding) then it goes to Dark Pro Project is not responding. Close the program.

So then I tried it again and I finally got to the part where it asked me for my registration number. I entered that info went through the the config tool. Everything seemed okay. Then I started FSX and went through the trusted installer info about the auto gen and the anima something then it got to the last one about the flightscene.dll. So then I said okay, and it said nope! entry point sim connect text something and then it just crashed.

So I came here and i started looking for the issue and it seems a few people have had this issue. So I looked at the thread that said to delete the last entries in the FSX.CFG, dll.xml and EXE.xml. Then I deleted everything i could find including the entire flightscene folder.

So then I tried to reinstall it and it did what it did the first time i tried to install it. got to the screen with the pic of the bora bora overwater bungalows where it says Extracting files.... then hung it up after a minute and then the not responding crash after 15 mins.

So I finally got it to the point where I had the sceneries in the folder and they looked like they were all there. So I went into fsx, but there was no scenery at all nothing, no buildings, no phototiles, no autogen nothing. So I deleted the folders (remembering the order in the Scenery library and reinstalled them. Then It worked Bora Bora looked awesome and the Mesh so nice. But... there were still no buildings. So i tried some suggestions here and nothing is working no matter what I do I cant get the buildings to show.

I had this issue with LH Simulations Budapest and they had to end up sending me a special file after I proved I had bought the program.

I guess I will just wait for a solution. For the record I'd rather set fire to 33 dollars and then go through hours and hours of FSX installation and days of tweaking there has to be a solution without an FSX reinstall..

I have installed 8-10 sceneries so far this year and this is the only one that has given me a headache.

Thanks in advance. I will be watching the other two posts to see if there is any solution. None of the solutions here have yielded results.

UPDATE: Okay, I finally got it back to fresh install level. Everything went fine. I did the trusted software thing for the autogen and the anima but then same thing. Flightscene dll.warning comes up, I say ok oka and then i get the warning about entry point for the Text_simconnect and then i hit ok and everything crashes to desktop. I should know by now to wait 2 weeks until after a scenery has been released for all the install bugs to be worked out.
Last edited by andy on Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Not able to install correctly.

Postby admin » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:25 pm

FSX reninstall is not needed. First, confirm that animan.exe exists under the folder c:\flightscene\animan. Then confirm flightscene.dll exists under the main flightsim folder.

Email the following three files to support@flightscene.net:

EXE.XML
DLL.XML
FSX.CFG

To find these files, press the windows button on the bottom left and type in:

%appdata%\microsoft\fsx

Then press enter

ChristiaanB

Postby ChristiaanB » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:09 am

I do not have exactly the same problem as Andy.

My issue in not having the airport as I get a message that an old version is installed.

Maybe this is because I choose NO when the uninstaller of the stand-alone version asked if two files, ANIMAN & Flightscene.dll,

should also be removed as I was afraid that this action would cause issues with other Addons.

I am at the moment waiting for a new reply on my e-mail correspondence with Flightscene.

I agree that this has been one of my most difficult & time consuming scenery installation for a long time, and on the higher end of a average

scenery addon as regards purchase price.

I usually wait a few days after a new product is released before installing as most have issues, but I cannot remember getting as many the CTD's.

I am not a developer so I do not know how files are tested pre-release but this product issue has somehow managed to get though the test stage.

The scenery is great from what I have seen so far, but not having an airport makes it incomplete.

Just have to be patience.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:14 pm

@ ChristiannB

In your case you still have the old animan.exe and flightscene.dll files from the standalone Tahiti Faaa scenery. These old files will not work for the new scenery, so delete them and start the configuration tool and select "Check for Updates" to download the new ones.

ChristiaanB

Postby ChristiaanB » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:43 am

Admin,

Before I read your post I uninstalled the scenery and deleted the two files as asked.
After waiting many years, for a decent Tahiti scenery my dream as come true, however it was a bit of a nightmare installing.

Like the other member at the "extracting files" stage the programme issues started.
Every so often I got the message that the programme was not reacting, this happened a few times.

I took no action and eventually came the update page with 3 updates, I then registered the scenery.
In FSX the ANIMAN & Flightscene.dll files were accepted when asked if they were trusted, no issues.

Only flew around Tahiti, but if the rest is the same I am very happy.

One request,
Is it possible in a future update to get more airport ground objects like containers, vehicles etc,
as these make airports more realistic.
With the another Tahiti scenery I had from NXGN there was a lot of these objects.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”