No autogen at all... SOLVED.

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
andy

Re: No autogen at all...

Postby andy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:27 am

What version of FTX central are you using?

I made the uninformed decision of "upgrading" to FTX v 2 where region switching is no longer an option.

So this begs the question do people on here have FTX central v2( which ORBX is starting to force their customers to use)? And if they do then is the tThiti autogen working properly? And... If people "upgrade" FTX central V2 in the future will they be able to use this scenery and still have autogen trees?

This is from ORBX

Q. Can I choose not implement this change?

A. It will be a requirement moving forward that these changes are implemented. If you do not wish to move with the times, you can elect to to ignore the FTX Central and Orbxlibs update. We strongly recommend that you update for continued support.

Q. What if I install a Region or Global after I have migrated to the unified lclookup?

A. When FTX Central is run it does a check for any products that have not migrated. If any are detected, it will run that migration process automatically.... once migrated to the unified lclookup, everything is active and working seamlessly with each other and you will no longer need to switch regions.

We have deliberately chosen FTX Central/Orbxlibs for this deployment as it will be the simplest and most effective way of ensuring everyone will be updated. This method also allows us to keep our existing Region/Global installers in circulation as well as not making customers re-download installers unnecessarily.

AnkH

Postby AnkH » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:42 am

I am using the newest version of FTX Central, v2, and the migration to the non-region switching went without any issues (some months ago).

andy

Postby andy » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:34 pm

It looks like I have a major issue with FTX central and will likely need to reinstall all my ORBX products. FTX central is not switching regions correctly.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”