All my problems are fixed!

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
andy

All my problems are fixed!

Postby andy » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:03 am

It turns out that all of my problems were caused by a messy FSX.cfg file. If you have problems delete it and let it rebuild.

I went in on a whim and deleted the FSX.cfg and made FSX rebuild one because it was displaying my on board video card instead of my GTX 970 and performance was awful. I was also getting strange g3d.dll crashes and all sorts of crazy things going on about the same time I installed this scenery.

Now my auto gen issue is solved. I don't get the spyware warning anymore and no more flickering on approach.

So as part of troubleshooting, rename your current FSX cfg (because you will probably need the simobjects section from the old one) then let fsx rebuild the CFG file.

Now I' m 60 FPS full autogen and could not be happier. I can't believe I did not think of this sooner.

Thanks to Mirko for the help. I still would not have imagined and do not understand why the FSX.CFG was the root cause of my issues, but now everything works so I don't care.

admin
Site Admin

Re: All my problems are fixed!

Postby admin » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:08 pm

FSX is a very buggy piece of software, sometimes you just don't know what you have to do to fix an issue. Probably what happened is the graphics card settings were reset when you rebuilt your fsx.cfg.

andy

Re: All my problems are fixed!

Postby andy » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:53 pm

I figured it out. If it happens to you where you have no trees but do have buildings or anything wierd going on with auto gen try this:

In my fsx.cfg under the terrain heading I had the following entry:

"AutogenDescriptionsFilename=AutogenDescriptions_EFRO.xml"

What that does is it tells FSX to use that file name instead of the regular auto gen descriptions database (which is what needs to be utilized for this FS-FP scenery to display autogen properly.)

It was arelic from some freeware Rovaneimi Finland scenery I downloaded a while ago to use for the santa flights. It creates trees that that look like "snow ghosts." Very nice scenery, but it messed up my Flightscene scenery. So you may not have the same exact entry. Just look for anything under the terrain heading about autogen descriptions.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”