Tahiti islands

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
mikced

Tahiti islands

Postby mikced » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:03 am

Thank you for this wonderful scenery, will get it for sure! One question though, how about some 3d grass on those airports, it adds so much to the immersion of beeing there if you look at those high quality orbx airports and others. Also a traffic file with some random GA aircraft traffic movements would be welcome. Default FSX does not include much of that unfortunately and without it the airports become so deserted :) I dont care so much about commercial traffic personallt because there are already so many options including World if AI, SkyAI Traffic and others that adds Air Tahiti and other airlines.

Other than that this project looks like a real winner.

Mike

admin
Site Admin

Re: Tahiti islands

Postby admin » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:19 am

Hi,

I have already included high resolution grass textures with the airport grounds, so I figured the 3d grass is not necessary. As for the GA traffic, there are traffic files included with the scenery, so if you have any AI traffic add-ons you will be able to get them to show as long as you set your AI traffic settings high enough.

mikced

Postby mikced » Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:24 am

Ah, beautiful. Thanks for your reply

mikced

Postby mikced » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:01 am

I sent a little note to airdailyx about this project and they now have it up on their page, this project deserves recognition :) I dont fully agree about the grass textures though. Having 3D grass adds to the immersion and detracts from seeing the sharp concrete/asphalt linear borders to the grass on tarmacs and runways. Thats just my taste I guess :) and having none is at least better than what some developers do by adding just one row of grass closest to asphalt/grass border. Looks terrible in my opinion :)

By the way, what mesh quality do you use, is that 5 meters? some of the mountain peaks look a little strange and blurry.

All in all very nice though and well worth a purchase.

Mikael Cedergren

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”