Installation issue - DLL

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
Danno

Installation issue - DLL

Postby Danno » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:19 pm

The successful installation of this product has been a bit of a rocky road. One of the more perplexing problems is that every time I reinstall, I am getting a different problem. At first, it was animan.exe wouldn't stay open (causing missing airport buildings and objects). I wiped that install and tried again. The next install produced Runtime errors. Deleted everything and tried again. This time, Flightsim.dll seems to be the problem.

As seen with other posts (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11), when I click yes to 'Do you want to run this software', FSX will crash. The exe.xml looks good (loads Animan first) and the dll.xml looks good (loads Flightscene.dll first). All paths in those xml files are correct. I even did what it suggested in that other thread (delete the trusted entries, restore original exe.xml and dll.xml and rerun the installer). But the same problem exists when it tries to load Flightscene.dll.

I'll send my XML, EXE and FSX.cfg to the support email and hope for a speedy resolution.
--/ Dan /--

Danno

Re: Installation issue - DLL

Postby Danno » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:34 pm

It seems all is fixed thanks to a revised fsx.cfg. It appears the order of [Trusted] entries is important. Since everyone's system is different and there are thousands of optional tweaks in the config, it's best to just send your files to Support if you're having a DLL issue and ask them to check it out.

Thanks to Admin for solving the issue.
--/ Dan /--

admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation issue - DLL

Postby admin » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:06 pm

The problem occurs due to various modules using different versions of simconnect (there are 3 versions). If a module gets loaded that uses an older version of simconnect first, FSX gets stuck using the old version. A module, loaded subsequently, using a newer version of simconnect will then cause an error. Modules are loaded according to the trusted section of the FSX.CFG and DLL.XML. To avoid problems, make sure that flightscene.dll is the first entry in DLL.XML and clear all the trusted entries in FSX.CFG. The sim will then load flightscene.dll first (and in turn the newest version of simconnect first), avoiding the simconnect version mismatch errors.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”