Extracting files...

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
jelgsath

Extracting files...

Postby jelgsath » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:13 pm

The configuration tool is hanging at "Extracting files".
I`ve tried many times. I`ve removed all the files I can find of Flightscene and reinstalled.
I`ve tried everything, but I`m still not able to install the scenery.

After several tries I was able to install the first version last year, but not without problems and bugs in the scenery. Therefore I wanted to install it from scratch this time when I saw the new update.

What am I doing wrong?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Extracting files...

Postby admin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:35 am

Make sure you close all other programs before running the extractor. Do not click on anything with your mouse or keyboard while the files are extracting. It may take a few minutes for the files to extract, as there is about 3 GB of data.

jelgsath

Postby jelgsath » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:03 pm

I just tried to install it again. I left the computer while extracting files for more than an hour and it doesn't work.
Is there a way to install the scenery manually like other sceneries?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:52 pm

No, there is no manual way. Are you installing to your hard drive or an external drive? Also, is your anti-virus active during install, it may be interfering. Which anti-virus are you using?

jelgsath

Postby jelgsath » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:58 pm

I'm installing to my internal hard drive and I only use Windows 7s own antivirus software.

jelgsath

Postby jelgsath » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:48 pm

It worked when I removed all of the Flightscene files in the FSX scenery folder manually.

But now there are no autogenerated objects like trees. I've tried rebuilding the FSX.cfg-file, but with no effect.
Before I reinstalled the Tahiti-scenery I remember there were a file called Autogen...-something. But now I can't find it.
Do you know whats wrong?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:05 pm

You need to include the autogen configuration merger in your EXE.XML. The following entry needs to be made:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AutogenConfigurationMerger</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\SceneryDesign.org\AutogenConfigurationMerger\AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Note that the <Path> section must contain the correct folder location for the autogen configuration merger. Your location may be different from the example above.

Afterwards, you may need to start flight simulator in administrator mode. You should get a message stating the autogen configuration merger merged the autogen files.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”