Disappearing Animan

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
Danno

Disappearing Animan

Postby Danno » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:30 pm

New problem as of today. I've been using Flightscene for almost 3 months now and although I had some initial install issues, they were resolved and everything worked great since then.

Today, I loaded a Tahiti flight and all looked good for a minute or two. As soon as I started to move the aircraft, the buildings disappeared. Upon checking, Animan.exe seems to have shut itself down. I did a reboot but no luck. Does the same thing... loads fine and looks fine for only a minute or two.

I deleted my fsx config and used a clean one that I know works (provided by Admin on Feb 4th). Same result. Everything loads fine and I can see all the buildings and surface textures but soon thereafter, poof, animan closes on its own and the buildings disappear. No error messages at all.

I can manually start animan, reload the flight and the buildings reappear. But shortly thereafter, animan closes again.
--/ Dan /--

Danno

Re: Disappearing Animan

Postby Danno » Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:05 pm

As a test, I started a flight at Faa'a using a default aircraft. Animan was running fine. No scenery issues. I let the aircraft sit idling on the ramp for 5 minutes. No problems yet. As soon as I hit pushback, the buildings and surface textures disappeared (resulting for animan closing by itself).
--/ Dan /--

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:11 pm

Make sure you did not move the flightscene folder from its original location under the c:\ drive. If you did, then move it back.

Start the config tool and select "check for updates" and update the scenery for your version of flight simulator. Also, check to see if you have previously renamed flightscene.dll to flightscene_xxx.dll. If you did, then after the update, delete the old flightscene_xxx.dll and rename the new flightscene.dll to flightscene_xxx.dll. If you did NOT previously rename, then do NOT rename the new flightscene.dll.

Danno

Re: Disappearing Animan [SOLVED]

Postby Danno » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:34 am

It wasn't a moved file from c:\Flightscene. And I don't think it could have been since the scenery worked fine until the aircraft moved.

It was checking for updates that fixed it. I'm not sure what changes it downloaded but so far, it seems to have solved the issue. I'll try again tomorrow. And yes, I had to rename the dll since I needed to rename that during the initial install.

Many thanks for the help.
--/ Dan /--

Danno

Postby Danno » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:08 pm

I hate to resurrect an old thread but I'm having these issues again. I reinstalled the Tahiti package but now noticing two problems...

1. Animan does not start (or maybe more accurate to say it doesn't stay running)
2. FSX never asks to 'Trust' the DLL during startup. And of course, it's not in FSX.cfg

As a result, the base textures load fine but not the buildings.

Some other info...
* I've rerun the configurator to check for updates and the windows registry looks good. Serial number is there.
* The c:\Flightscene folder is not blocked and Windows Security has an exception for animan.exe (no other virus software running)
* FSX scenery entries look correct
* When I manually try to run animan, I can see it open and close immediately in Task Manager

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
--/ Dan /--

Danno

Postby Danno » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:21 am

I found the problem. The dll.xml had an error in the scripting (top Launch section) which prevented execution. I have no idea when/how the error occurred but no matter. It's fixed.
--/ Dan /--

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”