P3D v4 compatibility

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
vbazillio

Re: P3D v4 compatibility

Postby vbazillio » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:00 am

Just receive a mail from Simmarket noticing me of an update. 2.5 Gb to download. Is it the Prepar3D v4 support ?

EDIT : downloaded the 2.5 Gb. No release notes. Have launch the installer and sees it suppor Prepar3D v4

AnkH

Postby AnkH » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:03 pm

Is in P3Dv4 still this annoying autogen-switcher active? I am not very happy with this, I always fear that it breaks the sim...

Well, somehow I knew it. I installed the scenery now my P3Dv4 does not start anymore, it tells me that "at least one VOR, NDB, airport is needed to start and there is none". Wonderful, I really do not get how fucking complicated it can be to develop a proper installer not breaking the sim... unbelievable...

Another 10 Seconds search led me to the solution: obviously this message appears if the scenery.cfg file is corrupted. Does your installer take care of the fact that v4 uses another code in the scenery.cfg. Unbelievable, really... now I can waste my time to fix my P3D instead of flying. Great job, really.

And the next issue follows instantly. I wanted to uninstall the scenery and yet the folders (although empty) inside P3Dv4 remain and this idiotic software on C: (unable to install anywhere else, next bullsh* point) still exists and gets executed as soon as I fire up P3D. The scenery.cfg entries remain there. What a bunch of crap software...

There comes the issues... I realized that your idiotic installer modified my exe.xml file. Nice one, but not reverting it when uninstalling it. Where else does this crap piece of scenery leave its tracks? I can simply not start P3Dv4 anymore, even after adjusting exe.xml

ironman2

Postby ironman2 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:14 pm

Idem , old scenery.cfg to erase :shock: :shock: Your installer has a big bug :evil: :evil:
Please we need a fix ;) ;)

greeting

vbazillio

Postby vbazillio » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:05 pm

Should I confirm the installer should be remove ASAP from public download ?

It wipe out my scenery.cfg and replace it with this erroneous entries :

Code: Select all

[Area.]
Title=Flightscene Tahiti and Society Islands Objects
Local=flightscene\society_islands
Layer=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.1]
Title=Flightscene Tahiti and Society Islands Images
Local=flightscene\society_islands_imagery
Layer=1
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

I had to restore my scenery.cfg and manually add the 3 layers (as describe in the manual).

Code: Select all

[Area.204]
Title=Flightscene Tahiti Faa
Local=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\flightscene\ntaa
Layer=204
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.205]
Title=Flightscene Tahiti and Society Islands Objects
Local=flightscene\society_islands
Layer=205
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.206]
Title=Flightscene Tahiti and Society Islands Images
Local=flightscene\society_islands_imagery
Layer=206
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

First test at Maupiti displayed a duplicate windsock (and a weird wet runway surface)

PS : same feeling with the ANIMAN.EXE regarding the fact that I'm always scared of having my whole autogen definition blow-up or messed-up.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Yes there is a bug due to the new unicode format in P3D v4 with the scenery.cfg. I will resolve the issue and provide a new installer.

@Ankh I sent you an email regarding your issue.

Ciderman

Postby Ciderman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:53 pm

That's a relatively cool reaction for an installer that crashes P3Dv4. :roll: Fortunately being a scenery designer myself I had a copy of scenery.cfg from two weeks ago. Added the scenery library entries myself and got the scenery running but all the objects (from the Simobjects folder) are missing. Any ideas? Animan.exe is running (but 32 bit?).

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:43 am

@ciderman

The installer did go through testing on a few machines and the problem did not occur. Unfortunately, the issue with the scenery.cfg did not become apparent until more people started installing it, so I have removed the installer from Simmarket until it is fixed. Sometimes when things fail, it has to happen the hard way.
Animan.exe is 32 bit, but that should not be a problem as it is a separate process from P3D. Flightscene64.dll is 64 bit, which is the only one that needs to be. Make sure you have the correct entries in DLL.XML and EXE.XML as follows:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Flightscene</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>flightscene64.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>animan</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>c:\flightscene\animan\animan.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

AnkH

Postby AnkH » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:57 am

Sorry for my language, but this really drove me crazy, especially because I feared that exactly something like that will happen, as I already did not like this autogen-switching thing back in v3.4. Whatever, if restoring my scenery.cfg helps, I will be happy again.

But: while you already change the installer to a variant taking care of the coding, could you also make sure that your UNinstaller takes care of removing the lines out of exe.xml and dll.xml the installer added? It took me some minutes to find all the files modified by your installer after uninstalling it. Furthermore, your uninstaller, although explicit asking for it, does not uninstall animan and it does not remove all folders from P3Dv4, although they are empty. Those things are all minor (except the remaining traces in exe.xml and dll.xml...), would anyway be nice to have them fixed as well.

Last: if I remember correctly, also those .xml files are depending on the correct coding. Did your installer take care of this? Or do I also have to restore the .xml files completely?

Regards
Chris

Ciderman

Postby Ciderman » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:14 am

I checked both files dll.xml and exe.xml in the ProgramData subfolder and all entries are there and yet standard runways and no airport builings. Tried reinstalling but the same results.

Ciderman

Postby Ciderman » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:22 am

Got it working. I had to tell Norton Security to exclude Flightscene64.dll from real live protection. Obviously it had been blocked (without any message saying so).

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”