P3D v4 compatibility

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
AnkH

Re: P3D v4 compatibility

Postby AnkH » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:40 pm

Ok, even after replacing the scenery.cfg my P3Dv4 continous to crash the moment the plane should appear in the main menue. Interestingly, also the map is blank, no airports, no navaids, nothing is shown. And then in the eventlog, it is still the facilities.dll causing the crash obviously.

EDIT: ok, something still seems to corrupt my scenery.cfg each time I fire up Prepar3d. I monitored the scenery.cfg during start of the sim, first, it was my backup with the correct entries, then, about 10 seconds before the sim loaded up the start menue, the scenery.cfg is replaced by the corrupted one. Where does it get it? Which software is started to replace it? I am lost...

EDIT: thankfully not for long. I realized that only replacing the correct scenery.cfg makes a difference. When replacing the scenery.cfg within \ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 with the backup one, everything is back to normal. Thank god. Now I hope the next installer will be ok, and please also include in the uninstaller that those .xml entries are considered...

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:27 am

The installer will be changed to take advantage of the new method of installation offered by Prepar3d v4. That means, it will no longer be necassary to edit the XML and scenery.cfg files which will avoid all of the frustration caused by the legacy method.

vbazillio

Postby vbazillio » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:46 am

Discover that ANIMAN.EXE was eating a 25% of CPU when flying in San Francisco... I remove it from EXE.XML. It seems that the whole FlightScene scenery will get removed from my Prepar3D v4 configuration.

Even not mentioning the hardly doubt on the autogen merger tool that "seems" getting the messed with my Orbx FTX Global in other world location... That's a lot of issues.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:10 am

Are you sure it was 25% and not 2.5%? Animan.exe should not be using that much CPU resources.

AnkH

Postby AnkH » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:12 pm

BTW: did you manage to fix the issue with the terrain reflections? Or is it an intrinsic P3D bug? I remember that you were thinking about a possible solution, but somehow I think this was lost in space...

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:01 am

I didn't make any changes, but the problem doesn't seem to exist in P3D v4.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”