Installation Trouble

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
Sabretooth78

Installation Trouble

Postby Sabretooth78 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:38 pm

I received notification from SimMarket that an update had been released, so as I usual do during the process of updating software, I uninstalled the old version. However, I ran into some problems with the new installer:

The "Flightscene_Tahiti_and_Society_Islands_installer.exe" runs properly and extracts files to D:\USERTEMP\Flightscene\ (my temp folder). Once complete, and with "Launch the Tahiti and Society Islands configuration tool" box checked, I click Finish. The configuration tool ran, allowing me to set the install path (which I changed to F:\Util\Flightscene; I have 3 hard drives, C for Windows, F for FSX and utilities, and D for backups and installers.). This then created all the folders in the proper location, but didn't copy any files.

I found that if I manually moved the contents of D:\USERTEMP\Flightscene\ to F:\Util\Flightscene, the installation finally progressed normally; after manually executing the configuration tool. Everything then appears to run normally, except that it doesn't create a shortcut for the configuration tool on the desktop, but that's simple enough to do manually.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation Trouble

Postby admin » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:36 pm

Thanks for the report. The problem was that the installer was assuming your temp directory was on the c: drive. I will get it fixed.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”