install problem

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
FREDB62

install problem

Postby FREDB62 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:21 pm

after reinstalling the new version of 08/09/17 when I start in the parking lot the airport disappears after 30 seconds :roll:

admin
Site Admin

Re: install problem

Postby admin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:42 am

If this is for P3D v4:

Delete the entries in exe.xml and dll.xml for animan.exe and flightscene.dll (These are in the c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4 folder). Delete flightscene64.dll under the main P3D folder. Flightscene64.dll should now be located in the main Flightscene folder. In the scenery library, make sure the Flightscene scenery points to the main flightscene folder.

vbazillio

Postby vbazillio » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:21 am

admin wrote:If this is for P3D v4:

Delete the entries in exe.xml and dll.xml for animan.exe and flightscene.dll (These are in the c:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4 folder). Delete flightscene64.dll under the main P3D folder. Flightscene64.dll should now be located in the main Flightscene folder. In the scenery library, make sure the Flightscene scenery points to the main flightscene folder.

1. What is the main FlightScene folder ? I have 2. C:\flightscene (with anima, tools...) and c:\program Files\lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\flightscene with the 3 scenery folders

2. Where FlightScene64.dll you be located ? So far, I have only one FlightScene64.dll in c:\program Files\lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and my C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\dll.xml points to it correctly.

3. You write to delete the entries in exe.xml for animan.exe. So ANIMAN.EXE should'nt get loaded ? in my configuration, if ANIMAN.EXE is not loaded, buildings and infrastructure of NTAA don't appear at all. By the way ANIMAN.EXE crash less than one minute and buildings/infras of NTAA disapear

As you see, its a little bit the mess.

To sum-up : can someone clearly describes what are the processes needed (ANIMAN.EXE, FLIGHTSCENE64.DLL, AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe) where should they be located and how they have to be loaded (via which DLL.XML, EXE.XML) ?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:33 am

Do these steps as follows:

-Start P3D v4 and go to the scenery library. Delete all entries that have to do with flightscene. Close P3D.
-Uninstall the scenery with the configuration tool
-Delete flightscene64.dll from your P3D folder if it is still there
-Delete the c:\flightscene folder
-In the c:\programdata\lockheed martin\prepar3d v4 folder find dll.xml, open with notepad. Delete this entry:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Flightscene</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>flightscene.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

and save.

Open exe.xml and delete the following entry:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>animan</Name>
<Path>c:\Flightscene\animan\animan.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

and save.

Now you will have a complete uninstall.

Start the new installer and install the scenery. After the visual c++ redistributeable is installed, you will be asked to start the config tool. At this point a file browser will show up, asking you where you want to install the flightscene folder. This will be the main flightscene folder - whatever location you choose. All files will be installed in that folder.

vbazillio

Postby vbazillio » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:58 am

admin wrote:Do these steps as follows:

-Start P3D v4 and go to the scenery library. Delete all entries that have to do with flightscene. Close P3D.
-In the c:\programdata\lockheed martin\prepar3d v4 folder find dll.xml, open with notepad. Delete this entry:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Flightscene</Name>
</Launch.Addon>

and save.

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>animan</Name>
</Launch.Addon>

and save.

Start the new installer and install the scenery. After the visual c++ redistributeable is installed, you will be asked to start the config tool. At this point a file browser will show up, asking you where you want to install the flightscene folder. This will be the main flightscene folder - whatever location you choose. All files will be installed in that folder.

I will not UNINSTALL AND INSTALL AGAIN WITH A SUCH FAULTY INSTALLER (it cleaned again my scenery.cf). My answer : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70&p=298#p298

FREDB62

Postby FREDB62 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:04 pm

thank you for finding a more durable solution, with an operational program or we hand the old one that worked very well.

FREDB62

Postby FREDB62 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:45 pm

admin wrote:Do these steps as follows:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Flightscene</Name>
</Launch.Addon>

and save.

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>animan</Name>
</Launch.Addon>

and save.

the result is negative

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:00 pm

More specfically, what is not working?

FREDB62

Postby FREDB62 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:08 am

after reinstalling the new version of 08/09/17 when I start in the parking lot the airport disappears after 30 seconds :roll:

For example the seaport appears but not the airport

The same at Moorea

FREDB62

Postby FREDB62 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:24 am

When i'm connect to runway is ok

After 30 sec the airport disappears

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”