08/09/2017 installer issues (scenery.cfg, ANIMAN, FlightScener64...)

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
vbazillio

08/09/2017 installer issues (scenery.cfg, ANIMAN, FlightScener64...)

Postby vbazillio » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:31 am

Again... a lot of issues and question. So far, Flightscene Tahiti and Society Islands is unusable.

1. SCENERY.CFG : again, as with the previous installer, the new one (Flightscene_Tahiti_and_Society_Islands_installer.exe 08/09/2014, 4h35) wiped my SCENERY.CFG and let my scenery.cfg in this state (good luck to those that don't have a back-up)

Code: Select all

[Area.]
Title=Flightscene Tahiti and Society Islands Objects
Local=flightscene\society_islands
Layer=
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.1]
Title=Flightscene Tahiti and Society Islands Images
Local=flightscene\society_islands_imagery
Layer=1
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

I set manually like this, please confirm if it' OK for you or advise any correction :

Code: Select all

[Area.204]
Title=Flightscene Tahiti Faa
Local=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\flightscene\ntaa
Layer=204
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.205]
Title=Flightscene Tahiti and Society Islands Objects
Local=flightscene\society_islands
Layer=205
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.206]
Title=Flightscene Tahiti and Society Islands Images
Local=flightscene\society_islands_imagery
Layer=206
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

2. Could you clarify what is needed, where and what's not needed among all DLL and EXE installed (more or less) and how you expect these get loaded (which DLL.XML, EXE.XML) ?
- ANIMAN.EXE ? loaded from C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\exe.xml ? Should it be located in c:\flightscene\animan\animan.exe ?
- FLIGHTSCENE64.DLL ? load from C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\dll.xml ? Should it be located in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 ?
- AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe ?

admin
Site Admin

Re: 08/09/2017 installer issues (scenery.cfg, ANIMAN, FlightScener64...)

Postby admin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:39 am

See this post:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68

When installing, did you get a black screen that popped up for a few seconds with some command line paramaters?

vbazillio

Postby vbazillio » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:49 am

admin wrote:See this post:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68

Common. I don't want to uninstall AGAIN and lauch the installer AGAIN. The same installer that clean my scenery.cfg. That's enough. It's the whole updated installer that copy FlightScene64.dll in my prepar3D directory (launch installer AND IN THE CONFIG TOOL click check for update which download something as well).

Is it to hard to describe what SHOULD DO the so-called installer and that it is unable to do ? What are the folder created ? What are the EXE and DLL to get loaded, from where and how ?

admin wrote:When installing, did you get a black screen that popped up for a few seconds with some command line paramaters?

I have a 34" ultrawide screen, so I'm unable to see quick-flashing DOS prompt windows.

Again : Could you clarify what is needed, where and what's not needed among all DLL and EXE installed (more or less) and how you expect these get loaded (which DLL.XML, EXE.XML) ?
- ANIMAN.EXE ? loaded from C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\exe.xml ? Should it be located in c:\flightscene\animan\animan.exe ?
- FLIGHTSCENE64.DLL ? load from C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\dll.xml ? Should it be located in C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 ?
- AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe ?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:00 am

The reason I am telling you to uninstall is because the location of the files have changed with the new installer. With the old installer, these files were used:

EXE.XML
DLL.XML
animan.exe -> under c:\flightscene\animan
flightscene64.dll -> under the P3D folder

With the new installer NONE of the above are used anymore (not in those locations anyway). So I am telling you to uninstall these files because, if you install the scenery again you might get a conflict where P3D might try to use the old files. With the new installer this is the situation:

EXE.XML -> should not be used
DLL.XML -> should not be used
animan -> under the flightscene\animan folder (but NOT the c:\ drive, it will be where ever you choose to install the flightscene folder)
flightscene64.dll -> under the flightscene folder (again ,in the custom location you choose during install)

As for the black window - it should be active for about 5 seconds, so it is not a quick flash. If you did not get this window, and you did not get asked where to install the flightscene folder, then you are still using the old installer.

vbazillio

Postby vbazillio » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:16 am

admin wrote:With the new installer this is the situation:

EXE.XML -> should not be used
DLL.XML -> should not be used
animan -> under the flightscene\animan folder (but NOT the c:\ drive, it will be where ever you choose to install the flightscene folder)
flightscene64.dll -> under the flightscene folder (again ,in the custom location you choose during install)

The flightscene64.DLL is loaded (and the whole scenery) via the ADDon Prepar3D v4 features (add-on.cfg) ? No scenery.cfg entries and add-on.xml support ?

admin wrote:As for the black window - it should be active for about 5 seconds, so it is not a quick flash. If you did not get this window, and you did not get asked where to install the flightscene folder, then you are still using the old installer.

I do not thrust any of the flightscene installer regarding what happened to my scenery.cfg and feedbacks on multiple forums.

Let's assume I have the wrong one :

Flightscene_Tahiti_and_Society_Islands_installer.exe : 08/09/2017 - 4:35
tahiti.pak - 07/09/2017 - 09:33

Are these the wrong files ?
Last edited by vbazillio on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:21 am

The names have not changed with the different versions. But the fact that your scenery.cfg is being corrupted is telling me that you are using the older installer. Maybe Simmarket gave you the old link.

The new installer has these features:

-After the vc++ redist install, you should get a window asking you where to install the flightscene folder (did you get this?)
-For P3D v4, at some point a black window should appear for a few seconds (you can't miss it, it is NOT a quick flash)

vbazillio

Postby vbazillio » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:52 am

admin wrote:The names have not changed with the different versions.

Ok for the name. But look at the date/time of the file inside the ZIP (by the way I copy the content in a temp folder then launch from there). Any chance to have a version number displayed/visible during installation from an end-user perspective ?

admin wrote:Maybe Simmarket gave you the old link.

I'm sure you have open a ticket/support/claim as provider to simmarket to clarify this question.

admin wrote:The new installer has these features:

-After the vc++ redist install, you should get a window asking you where to install the flightscene folder (did you get this?)
-For P3D v4, at some point a black window should appear for a few seconds (you can't miss it, it is NOT a quick flash)

Still reluctant assuming that Flightscene installer won't garbage my P3Dv4. Is there any chance that a document clearly states what the installer is expected to do : for example how the flightscene64.dll is loaded ? where all files should correcly resides ? What are the minimum required version of vc++ distrib ? Do you use the addon.xml feature, yes or no ? I only see what should be delete from the previous installatin. This way everyone can check by himself if everything is setup accordingly and frees the support.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”