Floating buildings at Raiatea

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
vbazillio

Floating buildings at Raiatea

Postby vbazillio » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:03 am

einherz

Re: Floating buildings at Raiatea

Postby einherz » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:12 am

same, but i can live with it, and i know cause, i had same thing long time ago with orbx nz scene, right now do not remember what exactly... and was only to way to fix it, ,disable/change 3d party mesh for region that's permanent fix, and go to scenery click ok wait it reload and no floating, and floating was only if fly there from somewhere, so if this critical, best way is found mesh files with society islands coordinates and bak them up in this case change bgl to the flightscene, you can ez found coordinates if use freemashx v2, with other need some decode to simple way, as i remember fs2010/18/ng have files with coordinates what can ez convert to standard, even they are with standard but some another, just do not remember now may be i did that with some, or may be not, i play long time shooters so my brain a little change direction and now in the misty rain raining man, they calls me prophet, nomad, psycho, jason, aj ghaley, and something yet in far cry 5 i forgot,, as played v5 only once, btw best far cry with badest end, but this is tradition, very good game with absolutely crazy end for far cry is ok... so for floating builds at this port just found mesh file with that coordinates and disable, fs2018 after instal create backup for terrain.cfg, so is can be dangerous i guess to disable regions, if terrain cfg will not found some(or some willn't found part of terrain), what need, but i do not know sdk, i mean i know absolutely nothing of sdk, so only guesses about i found, in any way i remember super clear - change/disable 3rd party mesh helps

scubaboy

Re: Floating buildings at Raiatea

Postby scubaboy » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:30 pm

The floating buildings are caused by two or more mesh products in the area loading in the "wrong" order. For mesh, the order in the scenery library does not matter, the sim uses the highest resolution in the library. They are floating because the mesh you want for the scenery, the flightscene mesh, is loading first, then being superseded by a different mesh.

To fix it, which will only fix it for the current session unfortunately, go into your settings and change your mesh resolution to anything other than your current setting. Wait for the scenery to reload, then go back in and change the mesh resolution back to what you originally had set. After the scenery reloads again, the buildings should no longer be floating. Next time you run the sim, they will probably be floating again, though.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”