Registration problem on FSX

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
Meeotech

Registration problem on FSX

Postby Meeotech » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:18 pm

I bought the scenery pack on Simmarket three days ago. After installing it and put the registraion code, a message keeps prompting on FSX lauch saying The scene is not registerd and will work limited. :?

Sabretooth78

Re: Registration problem on FSX

Postby Sabretooth78 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:59 pm

At the risk of necromancing the thread, I'd like to add that I am experiencing this problem as well. It seems once I register, it's OK for a few boots, and then within the next day or so it's nagging me again. This is in P3D v4.3. For what it's worth, I have just in the past week moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10; before the upgrade this never happened, and that was with the same installer.

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:25 am

@Meeotech Are you using FSX SP2?

For both of you:

Make sure FSX and P3D are not running in any compatability mode (eg. win vista, win 7, etc).

First download the free tool CCleaner and do a registry cleanse, restart your computer and register again. If you are still being nagged then disable real-time protection in your anti-virus to rule that out as a cause.

Failing all of the above, with REGEDIT Navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\flightscene\tahiti

Do you have the keys Serial and Regkey? Send a screenshot of it to support@flightscene.net.

Register the scenery again and wait until you get the message to register once more. Then take another screenshot of the Serial and Regkey entries and email them to support@flightscene.net.

Sabretooth78

Postby Sabretooth78 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:13 am

I believe I may have figured out what I'm doing to cause this problem - I recently did a clean install of my PC to Windows 10 as part of switching to running P3D v4 exclusively. As a result I've been going through the usual "teething" pains trying to figure out optimum settings and diagnosing various errors. Anyway, as part of this I've been playing with BIOS settings experimenting with various overclocks, hyperthreading, etc. It occurred to me that it seems every time I change one of those settings, I get the registration nag - I'm guessing it sees a different processor configuration and thinks it's on a new PC every time?

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:34 pm

I sent you an email with some files that will hopefully resolve the issue.

praust

Postby praust » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:52 am

I got the following message :
This serial number has been registred too many times. Please contact support at http://www.flightscene.net about this issue.
Yes it is true as I had to reinstall the scenery (too) many times due to the flightscene.dll error :
Flight Simulator a détecté un problème lié à un programme
tiers (logiciel complémentaire) :
Nom : <Inconnu>
Version : <Inconnu>
Société : <Inconnu>
Fichier : c:\fsx\flightscene.dll
Voulez-vous exécuter ce logiciel (déconseillé) ?
Pour ne plus afficher ce message, désinstallez ce programme
ou désactivez son démarrage lors de l'exécution de Flight
Simulator. Pour plus d'informations sur les programmes tiers,
contactez la société qui les publie ou consultez le site
http:\www.fsinsider.com.
The only way I found to overcome this was to reinstal the scenery.
Can you send me a new working serial number and/or a solution to get a stable install?
Regards.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:34 am

Please email your serial number to support@flightscene.net.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”