DLL issues

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
Danno

DLL issues

Postby Danno » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:01 pm

I've owned this product since last year but have had little success in keeping it active. The issue is loading the dll. Yes, I can edit dll.exe and rename flightscene.dll to a new name but that seems to only work once. If I close FSX and restart, I get the dreaded "Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program. Flightscene_X.dll" (Clicking yes makes FSX crash).

So I've been doing this for a year. Just rename Flightscene.dll over and over (by adding a number at the end) and edit dll.exe to reflect the rename. I now have a new computer, reinstalled the lastest version but the problems have started all over.

What needs to be done to permanetly fix this? Specifically, what edits to fsx.cfg, dll.exe and fsx.cfg will keep Flightscene Tahiti working all the time?
--/ Dan /--

admin
Site Admin

Re: DLL issues

Postby admin » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:43 pm

Try uninstalling and reinstalling each version of the VC++ redistributables one by one. Failing that, the best thing to do would be to move to Prepar3d which does not have this issue.

Danno

Postby Danno » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:40 pm

I'll work on that. There are many versions of the VC++ reditributables on my system (not sure why). Some dating to the 2005 version. I'll uninstall one by one starting with the oldest first and see if there's any impact.

In the mean time, does it matter where the section <Launch.Addon> for Flightscene should be located in the dll.exe? And... does it matter where the Trusted entry is listed in FSX.cfg? (within the Trusted section of course) I'm guessing not because I tried several options, none of which make a difference to my issue.
--/ Dan /--

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:30 pm

It should be listed on top in the dll.xml so the latest version of simconnect gets loaded first. Delete all the entries under the [trusted] section of the fsx.cfg before launching FSX.

Danno

Postby Danno » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Will do. But, once I delete everything in the Trusted section, FSX will repopulate that area as (1) FSX loads and (2) as I load certain aircraft. So when that happens, should the entry for Animan and Flightscene DLL always be the top two entries?

(I believe FSX will always add new Trusted entries below existing ones but not 100% sure)
--/ Dan /--

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:40 pm

Yes, they should be the top entries.

Danno

Postby Danno » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:48 pm

Still trying to find a permanent solution.

One by one, I started deleting VC++ redistributables but after the 2nd oldest version, other elements of FSX started breaking so I had to stop doing that. As an alternative, I'm trying to figure out what is happening during startup that I might be able to change.

Flightscene is the top entry in dll.xml and the first two entries in the Trusted section of fsx.cfg are animan and Flightscene. But here's where I'm scratching my head.... I can successfully load the Tahiti package (dll is accepted by FSX) but only once. If I close FSX and re-launch, it stumbles on loading Flightscene.dll. Why is that? Why will it load once but never again? The cfg and xml have not changed.

(I am incrementally renaming flightscene.dll to flightscene#.dll to make FSX think it's a new file).

No other dll has ever had a problem loading. What makes the Flightscene dll unique? And to respond to an above suggestion, clearing the Trusted entries is a temporary solution. Once other things start being 'trusted' (FSUIPC, Accufeel, Navigraph, sounds, payware modules, etc), we're back to FSX failing to load flightscene.dll.
--/ Dan /--

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:46 pm

Seems to be a problem with FSX, maybe try P3D.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”