Installation

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
Javis

Installation

Postby Javis » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:55 pm

Hi,

During installation I don't seem to get an option to install this scenery onto a drive other than my C drive ?.... It should be possible to install on any drive i'd prefer, shouldn't it ?....

The scenery ( installed on my C drive for the time being..) ) seems to look and work fine in P3Dv4 , i'd just like to install it on another drive.

Btw, P3Dv4 runs from one of my SSD's. If i install your Tahiti scenery on a normal HD, will i see lesser performance/fps compared to when the scenery will be installed on the P3Dv4 SSD ?

Hope you can tell me how to install your beautiful Tahiti and Society Islands scenery onto another drive !

Thanks much !

Cheers,
Jan

admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation

Postby admin » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:57 pm

If you are installing the scenery for P3D v4 you should get an option to install the location of your choice. However, you won't get the option right away, you will be asked after the VC++ redistrabutables have been installed.

Javis

Postby Javis » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:20 am

Ok, i see, thanks for your reply.

It looks like no VC++ Red. has been installed with the installation of your Tahiti scenery. I have quite a few versions of VC++ Red. on my HD but the latest is installed on 7-20-2017.( Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64) - 14.0.24123) ( and (x86)).

So that's why i never saw an option to install the scenery to a location of my choice.

So, what to do now ?.... Uninstall the latest installment of VC++ Red. plus the Tahiti scenery and run the installer again ??....

( is the VC++ version that will be installed with your Tahiti scenery newer than the 14.0.24123 version i will be deleting ?.... )

Thanks for your help.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:30 pm

After the VC++ redistabutables are installed the main installer will ask to close. After that is when you should be asked what folder to install the scenery to. If you are not asked then do the following:

Start Regedit and goto:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\flightscene

You will see a key called "mainpath", delete this key.
Then run the main installer again.

Javis

Postby Javis » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:38 am

Thanks, admin, that did the trick. I now have the Tahiti scenery on my P3Dv4 dedicated SSD. 8-)

Sadly there's another problem.....: Ever since installing your Tahiti scenery and i go into the Scenery Library i get this warning message. In short it says something like this : Prepar3d has detected non-sequential layer ordering.... ..... attempt to repair this issue ?....

No matter if i click Yes or No i have to wait until the current scenery has reloaded...

Here's my scenery.cfg depicting the Tahiti scenery :

[Area.242]
Title=Flightscene Tahiti Faaa
Local=G:\Flightscene\flightscene\ntaa
Layer=242
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.243]
Local=G:\Flightscene\flightscene\society_islands
Layer=243
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.244]
Local=G:\Flightscene\flightscene\society_islands_imagery
Layer=244
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

I'm not exactly sure about a scenery.cfg but in an aircraft.cfg there can never be an entry with the same title twice.... All titles have to be unique.

Isn't that true for a scenery.cfg as well ??.....

( i tried changing the titles to Tahiti Fa, Tahiti Faa and Tahiti Faaa but i still get the warning message... )

Looking forward to your comment on this issue.

Thanks!

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:44 pm

Yes, if you have duplicate entries in the scenery.cfg then remove them.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”