Having to re-instal weekly!

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
creamcot

Having to re-instal weekly!

Postby creamcot » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:10 am

This is a very enjoyable add on to P3d v3 and I can put up with having to re-start P3d because the autogen does not load occasionaly. But what I do not understand-I assume this must be my fault but it has never happened with any other scenery-is why the scenery seems to disappear! When this happens it is shown un-ticked in my scenery library but ticking it seems to make no difference. So I have to re-install it. Perhaps weekly is a bit of an exageration but its happened several times in the past few weeks. I keep the file with the installation stuff in it but do not access it because maybe that could cause a problem. What am I doing wrong please?

creamcot

Re: Having to re-instal weekly!

Postby creamcot » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:24 pm

I posted this originally because I thought this was my fault somehow but wondered if anyone else was experiencing it. So far several people have looked at it but none have commented so I presume they must think I am mad!! I am now wondering if part of this is the many VAS problems I am having in P3D v3 which may have an affect on the scenery loading even after a restart of the sim. I was reluctant to upgrade to v4 because from past experience this means having to invest in replacement add-ons but most of mine are v4 compliant so I think I will upgrade

I still do not understand why you seem to have to re-run the installer to un-install the scenery. Orbx seem to have the best installation process!

Thanks to all those who looked. Will see what happens after upgrade to P3d v4

creamcot

Postby creamcot » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:35 pm

I originally posted this topic & it has received only posts from me! I now have P3d v4 and I still think that this scenery deseved a better way of installing it because it seems to fall over and not load the scenery far more often than any other programs I have. I stay with it because the scenery is very appealing. I think this is perhaps made worse because I have now got a number of FS Dreateam airports which impose some scenery loading software on all scenery whoever made it. Maybe if there is a new version a more reliable installation method could be found

creamcot

Postby creamcot » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:06 pm

To be fair to the designer of this software I tried it out on another computer and it worked OK until I installed the other programe so I assume it is just one of those odd conflict issues which seem to arise. END OF TOPIC! Still a very nice product

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”