Tahiti Scenery Install Freezes

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
Dennis

Tahiti Scenery Install Freezes

Postby Dennis » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:07 pm

I just purchased (Feb 2019) the Tahiti Scenery Package from PC Aviator. The installer freezes during the scenery extraction after the MS Visual C++ is installed and the password portion is never reached. I am running P3Dv4.4.12 and Win 10 64bit Professional. Please help.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Tahiti Scenery Install Freezes

Postby admin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:31 pm

Just give the installer time, it may take a few minutes. Do not run any other programs and do not click on anything while the extraction happens. Try disabling any programs running in the background.

Dennis

Postby Dennis » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:53 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply. As you suggested I allowed the CONFIGURATOR & INSTALLATION TOOL to run for approx. 45 minutes. No success with this. As soon as I moved the mouse to the "next box" the tool title block changed to (not responding) and the program had to be cancelled/closed.

I turned off all antivirus and malware programs and verified that an internet connection was open.

As mentioned earlier...the installer works Ok up to the P3Dv4 menu pick screen. The next screen labeled "extracting files" is the hang up location.

I will manually delete the remnant MS C++ files left over on my harddrive as well as the two flightscene directories which were created. Is the installer the problem or is this scenery incompatible with P3dV4.4.12? Any ideas??

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:20 pm

There should be no compatibility issue. Try disabling real-time protection in your anti-virus rather than just turning it off.

-What directory did you choose to install the flightscene folder to?
-What directory is P3D v4 located in?
-Do you have any scenery files in the flightscene folder?
-What location is your temp folder, is it c:\users\USER_NAME\AppData\local\temp? Do you have any scenery files in your temp folder?

yksratnak

Postby yksratnak » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:26 pm

I have the same problem. FSX SE. Freezes during "Update downloads 2 of 3." So if it start working and stops it must be other reason , not he temp folder etc.Please this is ridiculous turn this off and this off . Give it time? how about overnight. As I did with no result.
No other scenery needs this type of instructions

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:19 am

@yksratnak - if the download is freezing then obviously something on your system is preventing the download of the file. That is why its important to disable real time protection in your anti-virus to rule that out as a cause. Which anti-virus are you using?

pirate068

Postby pirate068 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:02 pm

Hi

I realized when I make an outside tour of the plane aligned on the runway of Faaa the image freezes then P3D V4 triggers when I am in the south sector (in about the 140 degrees if the plane is the ref)

This is repeated in flight when I fly to the North

This is valid for all aircraft

Regards

pirate068

Postby pirate068 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi

To confirm the problem of angles in my last mail I find an other pb but with FSX also
Problem with the wheels sink in the runway in about 140 degrees only (with the plane like ref) ie South North axis
No problem with the others angles

I can you screen shots

Regards

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”