Can't install. cant even get to where other people get.

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
andy

Can't install. cant even get to where other people get.

Postby andy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:09 am

I tried to upgrade. I should have known better. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

So I tried to install with the new update. Everything looks like the last time I tried to install it but what happens is I open up the config tool to finish the installation and then about 2 minutes in it says dark pro something has encountered an error and needs to close. To make matters worse, i tried to launch FSX and it it said it could not find a valid scenery.cfg. Thank God your installer makes backup copies early in the process. I have FSX working again, so at least that's okay. I tried to just manually re-install the old version. but then it said animan.exe couldn't be found so... it doesn't work. I don't get any airport buildings.

So my question is, are you working on a new installer?

Or are you saying this is what we get an now we have to spend a few hours troubleshooting?

Or is there a place I can find the old installer so I get my scenery back?

Or can you just send me animan.exe?

I have read over all the threads you keep pointing to but I really don't think this is a user problem. I think it's your installer. The old one worked just fine.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Can't install. cant even get to where other people get.

Postby admin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:19 am

Navigate to the following location in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\flightscene

make sure mainpath points to the location of the flightscene folder, so that will probably be c:\flightscene unless you chose to install it elsewhere.

andy

Postby andy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:59 am

Here is the thing, it never installs. It says extracting files... then this happens. It says something about urcbase.dll

Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (83.97 KiB) Viewed 6264 times

I went to the registry the paths are both correct. I want it in the FSX folder and the folder where it currently sits is correct.

Running as admin has made no difference.

Capture4.JPG
Capture4.JPG (66.56 KiB) Viewed 6264 times

andy

Postby andy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:58 am

Okay somehow I got everything to work just fine and I suspect it's an issue where anytime you chose anything other than C:\Flightscene as an install path. I do not know this for a fact but it seems to at least be part of it.

Here is what I did. Initially I had chosen my FSX folder as the place I wanted to install. That didn't work.

So the key was the registry keys with the path. I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\flightscene.

In there the paths were correct as far as where the instpath and where the mainpath were pointing to.

On a whim I said. let's just delete the values. So I did and then I restarted.

Then I tried the install process only this time I let it install where it wanted C:\Flightscene.

3 minutes later everything was installed and then I put in my serial number, forced HD textures, then fired up FSX. It gave every indication it was going to work after I clicked "yes I trust this module" 35 times. I did a free flight at NTAA and NTTB everything is back to normal.

Very Strange.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:40 pm

This problem has been fixed with the latest installer when installing outside the c:\flightscene folder.

danwelle

Runtime error on install...still a few bugs left

Postby danwelle » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:31 am

Just purchased you FLIGHTSCENE - TAHITI AND SOCIETY ISLANDS FSX P3D this afternoon from Simmarket and apparently there are still bugs in the installer.

On launching the configuration tool, I get this error:

Runtime error 9702 – DLL does not exist at line 932

Installer is set to default C:\flightscene
Installed as FSX (single copy of FSX-SE)
No indication that the scenery has installed anywhere I have looked so far. Where would it be if successful, anyway???
It did not, however, delete my scenery.cfg file as previously reported by others. Not yet, anyway.

Any help here?

Cowhorns32

Postby Cowhorns32 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:18 am

I am getting the same error as the last post. Tried installing Prepar3D v4 on both windows 7 and 10.

Thanks,

Mark

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:20 am

Which anti-virus do you have installed on your system? Also, is tahiti_config_tool.exe in the same folder as module.dll?

Cowhorns32

Postby Cowhorns32 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:24 am

Windows Defender Turned Off and I turned Windows Firewall Off after I read your last post. Same error message.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:06 am

Do you have teamviewer installed? Maybe we can connect so I can troubleshoot on your computer.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”