The building at the airport is not displayed.

Support forum for the Tahiti and Society Islands scenery.
admin
Site Admin

Re: The building at the airport is not displayed.

Postby admin » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:02 pm

Enable Content Error Reporting in the Options menu of P3D. Try to run animan.exe again. You should find the error report in your documents folder:

%DOCUMENTS%\Prepar3D v4 Files

You can also try installing all the simconnect versions under the redist folder of P3D. There are several versions each in a different folder under FSX-RTM, FSX-SP1 etc. Run each Simconnect.msi file.

Marlbon

Postby Marlbon » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:08 am

Thanks for the advice.

Execute (Install) all SimConnect that existed several times in the Redist folder
So, it is now beautiful, the buildings are now displayed ! !
(animan.exe also works properly !)

Finally you can enjoy Tahiti scenery in normal condition.

Thank you so much for supporting me for a long time.

Tahiti scenery is very wonderful !

Steffen

Postby Steffen » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:43 am

Gents!
Same problem here with P3Dv3.4.22 as well as P3D4.2 - WIN7 and WIN10. I see a bit of surroundings but no buildings at all in NTAA and elsewhere!

ESET NOD32 AV recognizes animan.exe as a variant of generik.MWUOYB trojan! :o

I have loads of addons for FSX/ P3D - I could say "I nearly have them all" but I never experienced such a problem.

I paid 35 Euros for that scenery, cannot use it and now you want me to disbale AV? Which proof do I have that riable antivirus software is wrong in telling me I am installing a trojan malware? The user above has another AV software with same result!

Actually I reject to disable AV software just for this reason. Can you proof animan.exe is not a trojan malware? Why do you need it anyway? Other providers like e.g. imaginesim / FSDT, ORBX and others use powerful and obviously far more intelligent software solutions to ensure you have a registered official product - and they do not create AV alarms! By the way even the simmarket.de registration/ activation system is not bad!

In my opinion you should provide another software solution where disabling AV is not necessary anymore! Otherwise I want a refund!

I think next I should write a review at the online shop where I bought this buggy software in order to prevent others from doing the same mistake. I never had such a bad addon during 30 years of flightsimming!

Best regards

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:39 pm

There is no malware in animan.exe, which is guaranteed as long as you downloaded it from Simmarket. It would be incredibly stupid of me to put malware in software that has my name all over it. What proof is there that there is no virus in animan.exe? Don't you think this forum would be full of complaints if there was any harm being done to people's computers?

I am not the only publisher that had this problem, malware alerts have occurred with fsdreamteam and other publisher's modules also. I am in the process of getting a digital certificate for the modules which should clear up the false malware alerts, but the process will take a bit more time. In the meantime, you will have to add an exception to your anti-virus from scanning the flightscene folder; or wait until the modules are updated with the certificate.

catplace

Postby catplace » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:58 am

Sorry to rewake this topic, but my problem seems similar: I can't get buildings or autogen (I think) on p3d 4.3. Tahiti is registered and updates applied.

I've tried:
  • reinstalling and running without antivirus
  • reinstalling after deleting the flightscene forder and registry entries
  • checking dll.xml, exe.xml, add-ons.cfg and Flightscene_Animan\add-on.xml
  • starting animan.exe manually after p3d has loaded FAAA
animan.exe doesn't start automatically, and when I try to start it manually, I get a window saying "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.".

I don't seem to have simconnect installed.

ContentErrors.txt includes:

Code: Select all

[error.0]
error=Error loading "." from "C:\Programs\Prepar3D\Flightscene\animan\animan.exe."

[error.1]
error=Unable to find model for wwn

(Yes, that folder is correct; I use it to try to stop UAC from interfering.)

AutogenConfigurationMerger.log contains:

Code: Select all

5:42:03 PM | AutogenConfigurationMerger 1.0.6391.34614
5:42:03 PM | Starting install of EXE for FS version Prepar3Dv4
5:42:03 PM | Error! Stopping...
5:42:03 PM | Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
5:42:03 PM |    at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at ASToFra.AutogenConfigurationMerger.Installer.AlreadyInstalled()
   at ASToFra.AutogenConfigurationMerger.Installer.PerformInstall()
   at ASToFra.AutogenConfigurationMerger.AutogenConfigurationMerger.InstallExe()
   at ASToFra.AutogenConfigurationMerger.AutogenConfigurationMerger..ctor(String[] args)

I hope this is enough info to be going on with!

Thanks in advance for any help!

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:30 pm

The side by side configuration error is related to the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables. Try installing the following:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... laylang=en

Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package (x86 and x64)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145

Simconnect can be installed from the P3D folder. There are 3 installers under [P3Dv34 folder]\redist\Interface. Install:

FSX RTM
FSX SP1.
FSX SP2

catplace

Postby catplace » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:43 pm

Thanks for your quick reply! Do I need both versions of the VC++ redist, and all three versions of simconnect, to be installed? (Win 10 64bit.)

I should have twigged that something had gone wrong with a VC++ redist installation when my D: root was left with the redist files in it after the scenery installer had finished. I wonder whether something died in the scenery installer that resulted in it not cleaning up the files, and subsequently installing the other things. Just a long-shot...

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:55 am

Yes, you need both versions of the redist (for vc 2015 you also need both x86 and x64) and all three versions of simconnect.

catplace

Postby catplace » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:29 am

Something worked!

Neither VC++2015 redist would install, claiming that there were more recent versions already installed. There weren't, unless you count VC++2017 redist.

The VC++2008 redist also wouldn't install, claiming that it was already installed. It offered to do a repair install, which I accepted.

I installed all three simconnects.

Now I have buildings and trees and grass and ... it's beautiful.

Many thanks for your quick and knowledgeable support! I went to the aerosoft site to write a nice review for you, but their site doesn't do that. :(

I still wonder whether the scenery installer is quietly failing prematurely when an included package doesn't install cleanly (as seems to happen in my case). This would explain the remnants of one of the redist packages remaining on my D:\, and it would explain why the installation seems incomplete. I was installing from a folder on D: to C:\Programs (ie, a different drive and non-standard folder); perhaps there's a hard-coded drive letter or folder name somewhere.

The installer also creates three scenery areas with identical names, which P3D complains about.

If I can help with these issues (eg, info about my config or to test new installers), I'm willing.

Thanks again!

catplace

Postby catplace » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:47 am

PS. I tried to submit a review on SimMarket, even though I didn't buy it from them. Dunno if it will go through.

Return to “Tahiti and Society Islands Support”